Thursday, October 7, 2010

Growing Upside Down


Oh I have something beautiful to show you this week!  See those gorgeous yellowish orchids?  What do you think?  They were actually growing upside down, and not planted in the ground at all.


Yes, they were growing upside down, and I was in awe when I saw them at the Detroit Belle Isle Conservatory.  This scenery was just breath-taking with so many wonderful colors combined!


So here they were!  They grew in these crates that hung down from the ceiling!  They were like the popular upside down tomato plants that we have heard of these last couples of years!  It was genius idea, I think!


Here was another view of the crates! It was such a great use of the vertical space, and it was such a thrill for me to see.  It's great to learn new thing.


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

14 comments:

  1. Icy,this is such an awesome find! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. I wonder if that is how they grow best or if someone just had a brilliantly creative idea....so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always find amazing things growing at Belle Island Conservatory. Those yellow orchids look perfectly happy growing upside down out of those crates. The whole scene is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... this is such a cool flower.

    I have never seen something like this.

    Thank you so much for joining with us! Im tickled pink!

    Hugs!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colorful post... Great pics and could almost smell those orchids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool, Icy and you are correct, what a great use of space. They are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool! I remember my mom used to have one of those hanging plants... as she called them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful Icy, they really look so awesome that way, i remember some of our hanging orchids back home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These flowers are really beautiful. I really like them.

    CA Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun thing to do with orchids! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, you do find the most interesting things at Bell Isle. The way the orchids are growing from the crates gives them an even more exotic look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ..wOa... adorable...!!!^^ it seems like it was taken here in the Philippines...!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, I am not good at orchids, are you? If you are give me some tips sis.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover