Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Famous Christmas Tree Man


Contributed by Wallace Stafford

There is an older gentleman within the neighborhood who has sold Christmas trees ever since I can remember. He has a huge farm and I guess one of his favorite past times is tending to trees and selling them at Christmas time. Every year we visit the farm so the kids can pick out their favorite tree. Most of the time they want one that is nine foot tall, but finally will pick one that is only about five foot tall.

I don't know how many more years the gentleman will be there selling trees, but as long as he is there every year, we will be too. I know he doesn't make a lot of money either by selling them, because the price is usually about twelve dollars for a five foot tree. I think it is more the fact he likes to be a part of making the kids evening and watching their faces, that makes it all worth while to him. With the holiday season and being away from home more often, we always set the home alarm system from http://www.totalalarmsystems.com/ before we go Christmas tree shopping or shopping at the mall, and once the tree is picked out, we have to go shopping to buy something new for that year to put on it.


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to stick with tradition. I would buy my tree from the same gentleman every year, too. I hope he is there many more years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I don't buy Christmas trees. We use an artificial tree.

    CA Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like CA; I don't like to see trees cut down and discarded so I use an artificial one.

    I do, however like loyalty and tradition as mentioned in your guest post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover