Sunday, December 26, 2010

Shine Up the Night


This was the decoration outside the church that we attended every Christmas Eve.  The nativity sat on one side of a beautiful fish pond, and lit up the path for whoever wanted to wander over to admire.


Christmas lights hung all around the pond, and adored the statue of Mary. Yes, it was cold, but who could resist such a beautiful display? Many of us just walked right over before the mass just to stop and see the wonderful winter land on Christmas Eve.

Visit other entries at Blue Monday and have a great new week!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

11 comments:

  1. Where I live, private displays are all that's left of the REAL Christmas. That and going to church. Maybe that's why I'm bored with a lot of commercial Christmas.

    Loved the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing around here like that, I miss seeing festive lights most esp for xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lights and display - hope you had a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice church display. Thanks for sharing it.

    I wish you a Happy Blue Monday and a Happy 2011, Icy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was really lovely. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful light display! Wonderful photos. Happy Blue Monday and I wish you and your family a very healthy and happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you toughed out the cold. This was a very nice scene, and I enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful twinkling lights. I hope you had a good Christmas Icy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great pics. I really like the decorations the church used. They are really nice.

    CA Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Christmas lights are one of my favorite parts of the season. I really like the colors in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover