Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Like To Knit While Watching Satellite TV


Thanks for the guest post by Kristofer Bartlett

I love to knit, and I can truthfully say that I taught myself this wonderful hobby. I remember years ago when I first decided I wanted to take up knitting. I was trying to find a way to create something with my own hands and found that I spent too much time ripping out the seams of clothing that that I would make. This was very frustrating to me, so I decided to learn to knit.

I found this hobby to be more rewarding than sitting down at the sewing machine. If I did have to rip out, it was no big deal, and I could even practice my heart, while watching Direct Star TV. It was easy to sit on the couch and watch my favorite show, while I was engaged in knitting scarves, afghans and socks. I found that I could even set my work down for a while and not forget what I was doing.

This was the most amazing thing to me because now I could relax while I was being creative and still be involved with my family. After all, family is more important than anything else. I can say that I have made Afghans and scarves that I have given as gifts for Christmas many times since I began knitting many years ago. These are indeed gifts that keep on giving.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

2 comments:

  1. That's true, knitting is very relaxing, but I prefer crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting guest post. I have never had the patience for knitting and even though my grandmother tried to teach me to crochet I never got the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover