Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stalks of Dried Flowers


This was what left of the fuzzy purple plant in my friend's yard. If you want to see what it looked like before, you can view them here! She doesn't know what they are called, so I don't either.


One commenter, bfarr said it might be "blazing star" and grew wild! Others said, "liatris"! Whatever they were, they were beautiful to see.


I love the color of these little flowers, and intent on asking my friend for some roots to see if I can grow in my garden.  Although she just lives down the street from me, her garden soil seems to be in a much better growing environment than mine.

Linking this post to Macro Friday!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

8 comments:

  1. These flowers were beautiful in bloom, but there is a lovely texture to the seed heads, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with the flowers faded this is still an interesting plant with a beauty all its own.

    Blazing Star is a type of Liatris and I'm pretty sure that's what this is. As I remember this is a very hardy plant that you should have no trouble growing in your garden Icy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look similar to the brushes I use to clean my floor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even in the winter they are pretty. These most definitely look like Blazing Star (Liatris spicata), which we have in our garden. Ours were not growing in the wild. We purchased ours at a flower market several years ago but they are a perennial and bloom and multiply every year. They are one of my favorites. Hope you are able to get some for your garden. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is beauty even in the middle of winter. Lovely photos as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well,I prefer them in their purple glory. You should get a plant from your neighbor - they might grow and spread pretty well, Icy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting flower even like this.

    CA Johnson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover