Sunday, March 13, 2011

Blue Vintage Pitcher


This was a vintage pitcher, or maybe a gravy boat, that infused with very decorative design, and was very interesting to inspect. I saw it at a thrift store, and the price was marked at $25 dollars.


I'm not a collector of vintage objects so I just snapped a couple of photos, nor was I willing to part with the money on my budget.  The saucer was glue to the pitcher which I thought was odd.  It is however, very fun to see.

Joining Blue Monday!!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

9 comments:

  1. It's quite pretty but I wouldn't have paid $25 for it. It is probably some rare antique, Icy, worth several hundred dollars, Icy, and we should have bought it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a different look. I wonder what it was used for.

    Happy Blue Monday, Icy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny that it was glued. It is very pretty though. Maybe it's rare that's why it was so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the things I share are not always mine. Most are, but I have my camera ready at all times when looking for blues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a neat and interesting looking little pitcher. However, you were wise in not buying. That is way too expensive. I do like you, I just look and snap a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this would catch my eye too. It's lovely. I don't think it's something I'd like to own, I wouldn't really use it, but it's nice to admire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't sound very practical to use with the plate attached, but it is very pretty. I have way too many things now and would be overwhelmed with another plus the $25. would be useful elsewhere. I love the painting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pics of the vase were beautiful. That is good that you were able to find it at a thrift store.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover