Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bowling for Columbine Paints a Vivid Picture

Content by Mitch Osborne

I watch a lot of documentaries and I like the fact that my Direc 4 U satellite On Demand feature lets me see them when I want to free of charge. Recently I saw Michael Moore's “Bowling for Columbine,” and it had a big effect on me. I felt sorry for the families of the kids who were killed or wounded and also the families of the two shooters. Moore's point of view is that those boys were also victims of the culture of violence that exists in America. I had little trouble agreeing with his argument.

He does a good job recounting the tragic events that occurred that day in Colorado, but the piece also paints a vivid picture of the gun culture in America. I have to say I was totally blown away to find out how little gun crime takes place in other industrialized countries where gun laws are much stricter, less than 100 per year each in Britain and Japan. There is a hilarious and poignant animated section tracing the history of the 2nd Amendment, which provides the right to keep and bear arms. . And, with the help of two of the victims of the shooting, Moore persuades K Mart to stop selling ammunition, which was incredible. I didn't think they had a chance of succeeding but they did. It proved to me that activism still has some teeth in America.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover