Thursday, June 9, 2011

My First Allium Flowers

For two years, I watched my neighbor's allium flowers bloom, and always admire the ball-shape of these gorgeous flowers. I look for seeds at the garden center, but I hadn't crossed any.

I asked my neighbor for the dried allium flower heads last year, and patiently removed the seeds myself. Then I planted all the seeds that I had gathered just to make sure some of them would survive, and yes one did.

Yup, I was happy beyond words when I saw the bud of this allium. A handful of seeds yield just one flower, but a good one indeed. Well now you know! I'll be collecting the seeds again this year, and plant more of these gorgeous allium flowers.

Linking to Flaunt Your Flower, and Macro Friday!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

11 comments:

  1. How pretty! I'm glad your painstaking efforts of removing the seeds offered such a gorgeous reward. Hopefully any seeds that drop will take the notion to replant themselves. =) I've had a lot of luck in that regard with my favorite purple flower - liatris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this is so beautiful flower Icy, and the last one with rain drops is really fantastic. i love the color and sharpness in each picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this sight certainly cheers me up. It's nearly 1AM and I sit here in my hospital bed, following a morphine injection for pain
    ( hasn't helped ) and a sleeping pill ) and I'm still awake. I'm so behind on my blogs and comments, I thought I'd do a little. BEAUTIFUL flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's so exciting to plant seeds! Nice captures here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful reward for all your efforts.. Happy Friday hope you and yours have a beautiful weekend.
    hugs from Savannah, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that alliums are among the most photogenic of blooms... your are lovely! Larry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful macro shot! I love the color of these allium blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last one with the waterdrop is amazing!
    Carletta's Captures

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowsers! Ditto, great macro!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! You have to save some seeds for me this year. If you can.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover