Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pretty Birdie

Pretty Bird

Spotting this bird in the shaded area on my walk, but not quite know the name. It was so pretty to see and very shy. I wanted a close up shot, and the bird didn't allow that to happen.

Pretty Mourning Dove 
After searching the web, describing it in every which way that I could think of, I found out that this is a mourning dove. The name is quite peculiar to me, but the explanation was when they are calling for each other, their sound is sad..Hmm, I wish I could have heard their voice!

Joining The Simple Thing and Sunday Snapshot

Thanks for stopping by...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

 

4 comments:

  1. There are so many species of doves.

    You have spotted one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you found the name, i too get confused with the specific name of birds especially doves, she's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. The bird does indeed look shy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover