Wednesday, November 6, 2013

From Trash to Treasure

I found this table by the road side, and drove by without much consideration. However, there is something about this table that I really like so I went back to check. Everything was still holding together, just bruises.



I feel the urge to rescue it, and brought it home. I want to refinish it to its glory, but the top was a bit too messed up and I don't have a sander.


With a bit of elbow grease, I sand the top down by hand to smooth out the beating. My mind is full lately, and I have a houseful of guests to concentrate on the work of my blogs. This physical outlet seems to calm down my mind, and keeps me busy.

I decide to paint the top and the leg, but keep the draw in the wood tone after I sanded down, and protect it with a coat of polyurethane.


The table turns out beautifully, and I like the green color. I am so proud of myself, :-) This is my first project for the summer. The cost for this table is $3.00 for the paint. It is now sitting in my house proudly!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

 

9 comments:

  1. That was a great make-over for the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color you chose -- it goes well with the wood. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one of those after my own heart. How can anyone pass up a good find. Love the way it turned out when you added your personal touch. genie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re-use, re-cycle....

    Let's save the earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree with you!
      I saw quite a few things that I want to save, but I had no power to lift them into my car :-(

      Delete
  5. It looks fabulous! I like how you reserved the wood front.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover