Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I Don't Want Dot Com


Lately, I have been thinking about the future of my domain blogs, especially after I lost Wandering Thought through the renewal process! Every time I put a new post on my DOT COM blogs, I wonder if they would be there in the future! After all, they were my hard work, my brain, my energy, my time, my effort, and my photos!

Then I found out the sad news of the passing of a writer/photographer I knew online! Her sudden death hit many of us hard and left us in dismay! She was only two years older than I am, and her work remains on the internet sites that I am on, including her blog; no one has to worry about its destiny!

Life is full of surprises! We will never know when "we have to go" so to speak! I am more comfortable posting on Reach Beyond Limits, and Pragmatic Soul, than I am with Beyond Zephyr and Beyond Wandering!

My children don't read my blogs, and they would not know what to do if I am suddenly exit from this earth. This is just my random thoughts for today.

Have a great day!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

 

8 comments:

  1. Dear me! Who's it that passed away? I've always said that we bloggers should leave log in names and details to our sites with our family - just in case...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you know her, Anne..It's Susan H. known as RedHawk on RedGage...

      Delete
  2. Well. You make a very good point. So how do I convert from .com to regular blogspot? I guess that in itself is a project :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how to convert it back..I know a blogger who has just lost her domain blog because of the renewal too..She converted her blog back to blogspot.com..Will ask her one of these days and will let you know..

      Delete
  3. Icy, none of us will remain on this earth forever but it always hits hard when it comes unexpectedly like when we lost Louie Jerome. I am always encouraged when I see your links or your name online and feel that way about a few other dear cyberspace buddies.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would feel quite sad if I lost by blogs. Sounds very painful. I hope you can save yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you really have a great day.

    Don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to back mine up when I think about it. The problem is that I don't think about it very often. Your post is some real food for thought. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover