Saturday, January 25, 2014

Favorite Bird In January

People told me that I won't see wildlife critters in the city. They are wrong and misinformed.  For the past two weeks, this amazing hawk has ruled my area.

And this is the tree in the neighbor's yard that the hawk seemed to favor. From a fuzzy photo taking through the window to the back of the hawk on a sunny day, to when it came in clear view; I enjoyed watching it.

After a small meal, this hawk came in clear sight for me to take photos. At first, I stayed indoor and shoot through the window, and then I took my chance to sneak out for a few more shots.

Wildlife, besides this hawk and other birds, in my neighborhood includes possum, and raccoon too. I think it doesn't matter where you live, if you pay close enough attention, you will see some sort of wildlife!

Joining Camera Critters and Mosaic Monday!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

 

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful hawk pictures. I have read that Central Park in NYC is one of the best birding sites in the country. And that's certainly in the city. I'd be happy to be where you are...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a thrill to see the see the hawk in a middle of a big city..

      Delete
  2. Awesome. I think you have a great reason to love your home...these animals are a lot of fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that is why they say: Your home is where your heart is! And I always try to make the best of wherever I live..

      Delete
  3. Wow that is amazing. Hawks are very rare around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loree,
      You have other critters that I don't have though :-)

      Delete
  4. Amazing sights to see everyday if we just stop and look. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful sighting of the Hawk, They are awesome looking birds. Great shots. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful hawk and wonderful images. How fortunate to get so close.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hawk - although I am sure the pigeons complain about the neighbours!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eastern Red-tailed Hawks are gorgeous no matter where you see them, but having one so close, is a rare treat...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover