Saturday, January 11, 2014

Lady In Waiting

She came at the same time as her partner, but the male downy woodpecker was a meaner and had no manner. He took over the feeder, and she had to hang around waiting for her turn.


She seemed impatient, looking this way and that! But she did give me enough time to snap a few photos. I love watching woodpeckers, and have many suets on hands for the next couple of months.

When the male woodpecker left, she had her share of seeds and I was glad she stayed a while until she had enough.

Sharing with Mosaic Monday!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

 

5 comments:

  1. Some men are so rude :) Have a wonderful week Icy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..I so agree with you, and they are, indeed :-)

      Delete
  2. Lol. She is an adorable looking bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygosh! you are so blessed to be able to see all these beautiful birds. It's like me seeing my fish, lol, but inside the house where it is warm. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Downy woodpeckers. These are very nice captures! They do like the suet, don't they? :-)

    ~Lindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover