Saturday, March 15, 2014

Busy Little Black Bee

I saw lots of black bees last year on my white coneflowers, and these little critters were lightning fast. They didn't stay anywhere longer than a few seconds.

It's strange how I've not noticed them before, or last year or remember if they were in my yard at all! We always had bumble bees, honey bees, yellow jackets, and wasps, but a complete black bee was new to me.

This little black bee collected a full leg of pollen. Just like their other cousin bees, they are always very busy..

Joining Mosaic Monday!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

 

6 comments:

  1. What amazing shots, especially the one of the pollen on the bee's leg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely images of the bees and the coneflowers. I am looking forward to warm weather and seeing my coneflowers.. Have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. busy bees! lovely coneflowers, too. have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they may be very fast, but your captures are faster, you captured them very well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Icy, I love the look of cone flowers but have trouble growing them at altitude. No bees here yet - too much ice and snow! Smell the flowers for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover