Thursday, July 24, 2014

Yellow Mexicana Poppy

I search high and low with different description to match this yellow beauty. There was only one photo of this flower and it is known as Eschscholzia Mexicana; commonly known as Mexicana poppy.



Mexicana Poppy
This gorgeous yellow poppy is currently grown in my garden! The only explanation I have for its present is it's from the wild flower box I bought the year before. It didn't bloom last year, but finally made it debut!
Eschscholzia Mexicana
I have four of these beautiful yellow Mexicana poppy at the moment. Their petals rolled up closed at night and open again during the day. Do correct me if I get the name wrong.

Joining Floral Friday!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous poppies! The colour is very cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great effort, both pictures and your search.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a pretty flower. It's strange how flowers will not grow one year and then make their appearance the following year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures. We call it California poppy for some reason.
    I always forget to sow them in time.
    Really lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover