Thursday, September 18, 2014

Little Black Bee

I see lots of black bees this year on my white coneflowers, and these little critters are lightening fast. They don't stay anywhere longer than a few seconds.

It's strange how I've not noticed them before, or last year or remember if they were in my yard last year! We all see bumble bees, honey bees, yellow jackets, and wasps, but a complete black bee was new to me.

This little black bee collected a full leg of pollen. Just like their other cousin bees, they are always very busy..

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

 

6 comments:

  1. You've got me thinking whether I've ever seen a black bee. We do have big black bumble bees here, I know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have some one raising honey bees, so in my garden they are the most active, but we get all the others and i am fairly sure that i have seen this guy also (not the same one, a cousin).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black bees, little brothers of bumble bees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks like a cricket - well, only because of his color. Nice capture always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The macro of her face is really good in detail. I have native bees that are black, but tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful macro shots of the flower and the bee!

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    Happy Day to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover