Thursday, November 6, 2014

Beautiful Hot-Cake Flowers

After my son re-do the front porch and put down grass seed, he wanted to plant flowers! Oh yes, another strange phenomenon thing going on! I'm on the other hand, not very enthusiastic about it as I've planted flowers in this spot before and they all died. Some are suffocating and flimsy, such as my dianthus.

However, when I see the Hot Cakes Mix Stock; I went for them because they were different looking and this was the first time I saw them.

The Hot Cakes Mix Stocks came in three colors: white, purple and pink. They need full sun and well drained soil with two varieties. I am a sick individual knowing quite well that this area neither receives full sun or has well drained soil. I figure I will just take a chance on them :-), after all I only spent roughly three dollars for them. 
Pink Hot Cakes


White Hot Cakes

Purple Hot Cakes
These hot cakes flowers have such a beautiful fragrance to them, and as soon as I open the front door the sweet smell is sensational to the senses. With this cold temperature, I am seeing some withering taking place, and I hope the sun will come out soon to help them grow!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

 

4 comments:

  1. They are pretty. I don't always have luck with flowers grown from seeds. it's not easy to grow them. I prefer bulbs. They are more likely to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple Hot Cakes is "hot" enough to withstand the cold temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great. Let's hope they don't droop this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are gorgeous, wow you really captured them well. wish i had some of those. so lazy about gardening lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I will visit you as soon as I can, promise..

Stop by my other blogs:

Pragmatic Soul
Beyond Wandering
Beyond Zephyr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Provide useful, entertaining, and educational information on a wide range of subjects.

Total Pageviews

Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover